Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Why Not?

I always wanted to write about my job. However, I always feel like I was caught in the first line, where should I start, how should I start, when can I start? Oh my oh my, this is going to squeeze my brain.

After that, I found that it was not that tough to write about my job, and I actually have a lot a lot of ideas! The best part is, I feel that I can't wait to share them with all of you. When you started to understand and you started to like it, you will find things are going smooth, you are happy with it as well :) !

Owkay, in case you don't know, I am now working as a recruiter. Hmm? Recruiter? Me? Not surprising when my friends look at me with their frowned brows, thinking: How on earth I am related to recruitment? Well, I studied science in my secondary, and graduated with Biotechnology degree in UTAR, worked as medical laboratory technologist after tertiary studies, and now, a recruiter? Hey, yes, I mean no joke!

So...first question, how did I get into recruitment? I never ever thought I will work as a recruiter, I guess this same goes to many people as well, seldom an ordinary person will come out with an ambitious to be a recruiter in the first thought. Still remember what you wrote for your ambition in your primary/secondary school? Let me guess, teacher? engineer? police? pilot? scientist? researcher? accountant? lawyer? Well, I never heard someone said: Recruiter.
So, how about recruiter? or Why Not Recruiter?
To be honest, during the time I had quit my job in my ex-company, I spent some time hunting a new job, and of course, I applied a few positions from recruitment agencies. And I was thinking: Ahh, never mind lah, since they have the position I am interested in, just applied and see how it goes, I mean if they want to charge me fees if I successfully get one offer, that's fine!

Yea, later on, I got call from my current company (there was another recruitment agency contacting me as well), and I went for the interview for a marketing communication position. I was interviewed by a recruiter, which later becomes my colleague a.k.a my caring friend, and later a consultant joined interview, guess who? Hahaha! my current boss. The interview last for 2 hours, uh-ha, it took me around 2 hours and that equals to 120 minutes +. However, I can say, this is the most wonderful experience I had in interviews. The consultant, yea I mean my boss, impressed me with her professional and her strong character. Her advices had enlighten me and weird, I have this desire to work together with her, although recruitment is totally an ALIEN to me. Haha, every now and then when I flash back, I wonder why I have the guts to accept the offer or what's really on my mind when I say Yes to this job offer. I can tell you now, I am glad that I said Yes.

Along the way, I have learned a lot of things which are helpful and also enlighten me. Ask yourself 'WHY NOT?' sometimes we just have to think out of the box, we might gain something, experience something unexpectedly :)



Me,
May 2, 2012.

No comments: